A night out with good friends, all great cooks, is always the best way to spend an evening. My dear friend invited us over for a casual meal and basketball games! As usual our small group seemed to keep growing which just makes the evening all the better. A group effort, the menu started with steamed artichokes, hummus and veggies. The crock pot barbecue beer chicken sliders were accompanied by sweet potato fries, kale salad and fruit salad. I have to note that martini’s, wine and vodka were another side special. We finished with two different brownie recipes, one a deep chocolate cake-like brownie, oozing with melted morsels, and my best ever Alice Medrich’s chocolate, almost caramel like fudgy, classic brownies.
RECIPE: Sweet Potato Fries
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Slice and cut three large sweet potatoes into fries.
• Place on cookie sheet, do not overlap fries.
• Drizzle with canola or olive oil and kosher salt.
• Bake for 15 minutes, then toss fries to get all sides crisp… when they look cooked on all sides remove from oven.