This is a must have in your kitchen. I will be honest; I had a French Press in my pantry collecting dust for several years. I was served coffee at a small coffee house and they used a French Press. I loved it and of course brought mine out of the pantry to sit permanently on the counter. I put my “huge” Keurig away and the new space was great. I now make my morning coffee in this wonderful way and it makes my morning special. When I had a large group over the other night I still used this method and everyone appreciated the coffee… it really is delicious.
• Put your freshly ground coffee into the bottom of the pot (2 scoops /cup).
• Turn on your tea kettle to boil water.
• When ready pour over coffee in the pot.
• You can put the top with plunger over the top of the coffee pot, but wait 3-4 minutes so the coffee can steep, then press plunger down very slowly and steadily.
• Allow another minute for the coffee sediment to settle to the bottom.
• Hold the French press up to the sun before serving, if there is any hint of sunlight shining through the coffee, pour it out and start all over again. I have never had this happen! Enjoy!!!
A great brand is the Bodum “Chambord” French Press and it’s affordable.
Leave a Reply