When I am trying to clean out the vegetable bin and I need a fast tasty meal that everyone loves, my go to recipe is stir-fry. I can use almost any meat I have in the fridge, chicken, beef, or pork. I can also stretch my volume if I am low on meat and heavy on veggies. You always need garlic and some type of onion, white, green, red, or shallots. I used San Marzano tomatoes I picked up at the market, fresh red & green peppers from the garden, and poblanos. I also added some fresh basil from my garden.
For the sauce I marinated my chicken in a small amount of sesame oil and soy sauce. I always keep hoisin sauce and Trader Joe’s General Tsao’s stir-fry sauce. This sauce is sweet tangy and has a small amount of heat. There is no need to order out when you keep this sauce in your house. I serve this over brown or white rice for an easy, quick, great tasting meal.
• 3-4 whole chicken breasts or 6-8 halves
• ½ large onion (cut in small wedges)
• 2-3 variety of green peppers, sweet & hot depending on your taste palate
• 1 large red pepper
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 2 tomatoes sliced or cubed
• 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
• ¼ cup of General Tsao’s sauce
• Stir Fry oil
• Sesame oil
• 1/3 cup fresh herbs
• Slice your chicken or meat of choice into strips and marinate for a ½ hour. While you are waiting for your meat to marinate cut up your veggies.
• Use a large stir fry pan and add a couple of tablespoons of stir fry oil. When it is hot add your meat and cook.
• When the meat is cooked almost through add your veggies and toss with the hoisin sauce and General Tsao’s sauce.
• Stir-fry until veggies are cooked but still crisp, toss in your fresh herbs and serve.
Leave a Reply