Fresh corn from the market… yum!! Again, I love corn on the cob, corn soup, corn in Mexican lasagna, and corn salad.
Here is my recipe for Corn Salad:
• 4 ears of fresh corn (cooked and corn sliced off the cobb)
• ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
• ½ red pepper chopped
• ½ cup of chopped ripe tomatoes
• 1 cup of organic garbanzo beans drained
• 1 cup of organic black beans drained
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1/3 cup of lime juice
• 2 tsp red wine vinegar
• ¼ cup of grapeseed oil
• Mix the first six ingredients in a bowl. Whisk the lime juice, oil, vinegar, salt & pepper. Mix with corn, veggies & beans.
This is a start to many other options… I add beans for the protein but you can eliminate. The cilantro gives this a Mexican flavor but changing it up to add basil and pine nuts works too. I have added chopped red onions, cheese, avocados… there are so many options to make this dish your own. Go to the market and enjoy the many combinations and possibilities! This is what makes summer cooking so fun!