One of my all time favorite dessert cookbooks is ” Rosie’s Bakery All-Butter, Fresh Cream, Sugar-Packed, No-Holds-Barred Baking Book” by Judy Rosenberg. There are many recipes I use from this sweet packed baking book but my favorite is the Cream Cheese Pound Cake. I use this recipe for a cake and I also add blueberries and bake muffins and bread. You can freeze this bread and it makes a great gift for a friend with a sweet tooth. It’s also a go to dessert, pretty easy and delicious!
• 3 cups of flour
• 1 ½ cups (3 sticks) butter at room temp
• 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese at room temp
• 3 cups of sugar
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
• 6 large eggs at room temp
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease your 10 inch tube pan or two bread pans with no stick cooking spray.
• Cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl at med-high speed until light and fluffy.
• Stop once or twice to scrape bowl.
• Add eggs one at a time to the butter mixture, scrape bowl while mixing. Once all of the eggs are added mix for 30 seconds more.
• Stir in the flour, then mix on low speed. Scrape the bowl and blend until batter is smooth.
• Add 1 ½ cups of blueberries. (Before adding, toss blueberries in a tablespoon of flour. This will keep the berries from dropping to the bottom).
• Pour the batter into prepared pans.
• Bake until top is golden and center is dry, not wet. For a cake 1 ½ hour, for bread approximately 1 hour.
• Cool completely before unmolding. Serve cake with berries and whipped cream.