This past weekend was an adventure in food and activity. I spent the weekend with six couples that are all in better shape than me, but I kept up! We could ski, paddle board, kayak, swim, water ski, bike, sail, hike… and read. We all shared our cooking skills each assigned a night to make a meal. This was my very favorite appetizer served by my friend Nancy. At 5:30 every evening we met at the dock for appetizers, drinks, and eagle watching cruising the lake. What a treat this was, served with a variety of beers. Enjoy!
• 1 32oz bottle of low sodium V8 juice
• 2 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
• 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
• 6 green onions, finely chopped
• 1 green pepper, finely chopped
• 1 yellow or orange pepper, finely chopped
• 2 English cucumbers or 4 small pickle cucumbers, finely chopped
• ½ cup of shredded/chopped carrots
• ½ cup of ketchup
• 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
• 2 large 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes with juice
• Tabasco to taste
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Optional – 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro or parsley
• Mix all of the ingredients in an extra large bowl.
• Let sit overnight in fridge.
• Serve in individual “ball jars” with cooked shrimp and sour cream. Serves 12